I have been so excited all week to share these delicious 3-ingredient chocolate mint cookies with you! I first came upon these cookies back in my college days (which was longer ago than I care to admit), and I have been making them ever since.
These cookies are a life saver when you need to take a lot of treats to a party or get-together and don’t have a lot of time. I make these cookies year round, but they make more appearances during the holiday season. They are just so easy, and we all need that during the holidays, right? Right.
With only three simple ingredients, these cookies are a breeze to make and everyone is surprised at how tasty these are! When I gave some to a friend, he thought I had given him mint girl scout cookies. He was shocked when I told him I made them in just a few minutes.
The three ingredients in these cookies are butter crackers (i.e. Ritz crackers), chocolate candy coating (or chocolate bark coating), and peppermint extract or peppermint oil.
Start by melting your chocolate candy coating in the microwave. When it is smooth and creamy, add some peppermint extract or peppermint oil to the chocolate and stir it in. Then simply dip a cracker into the cracker mixture until it is coated, and bam! You’re done.
Place the chocolate covered cracker on some wax paper. Add some sprinkles, crushed up candy canes, or any other embellishments. Then let the chocolate harden, and you are good to go!
This recipe is flexible, so you can go as crazy as you want with the peppermint flavoring. If you love mint flavoring, by all means, add more. I personally feel like too much mint makes desserts taste like tooth paste, but that’s a personal problem. 🙂
One of the best parts of this recipe is how kid-friendly it is. My girls love to help me make these cookies and I don’t worry about them getting burned or messing anything up.
- 1 (24 oz) package of chocolate candy or bark coating
- 50 butter crackers (i.e. Ritz)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil (or more if desired)
- Put the chocolate candy coating in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is smooth.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, add the peppermint extract or peppermint oil, and stir to combine.
- Put a cracker in the chocolate and turn it over once or twice until the cracker is completely coated in chocolate. Using a fork, pick up the cracker and hit the fork along along the rim of the dish a few times in order to shake off any excess chocolate.
- Put the cracker on wax paper. Continue dipping all the crackers in the chocolate.
- Before the chocolate has completely cooled on the crackers, add sprinkles, candy bits, or any other embellishment.
- Eat and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Please leave me a comment if you get a chance to make these cookies, and let me know what you think!
Check out these other fun recipes:
And I would love it if you saved the image below on Pinterest! ♥ Thank you.